Everyone has trouble feeling confident at times. No one feels beautiful, successful, and happy everyday. I have had some stressful days recently so I wanted to share my tips with you guys on how I cheer myself up and stay confident in this post on feeling blue. Some of these tips are kind of strange but I hope they help.
My tips for feeling happy when you are blue…
- Fake it until you make it! Keep your shoulders back, chin held high, and smile. Act like the happy person you want to be and you will start to feel it.
- Surround yourself with things you like. Play your favorite song on your iPhone (or one that really pumps you up like Push It by Jessie and the Toy Boys) and wear your favorite outfit.
- Wear heels! They make you feel great. You look more put together, stylish, and in my case… older!
- Keep a life notebook with your goals, resolutions, inspiration pictures, etc. as a motivator. Imagine the life you are going to have.
- Feel inspired by operationbeautiful.com. It is an amazing website where people around the world are trying to help other people feel confident. I’ve participated a few times by leaving notes in my textbooks when I return them and in movie theater bathrooms. Help someone else feel beautiful and you will feel it too!
- Save for your future goals (I use mint.com to help me keep financial goals). I actually have six savings accounts where I put money aside for important things like Chris and I’s first house and our children. Whenever I feel down, like I have no control of my situation, I put a little extra into those accounts.
I hope that this video was helpful to some of you! I know some of the tips were strange but that is how I stay motivated and happy.
Have a lovely happy day.
Tell me how you stay happy and confident in the comments!