Hi Kind Friends! This year for the holidays I want to make as many of my holiday gifts as I can. Inspired by this blog post, I decided to make a fortune cookie holiday present!
Follow along with the video or with the instructions below to make one of your own. In total this project took me an hour (and over five hours to edit!).
You will need:
- Decorative paper: I used K & Company but you could also decorate plain paper.
- Paint/Sponge brush
- Pen or Sharpie
- Glue: I use ModPodge (which you can get at craft stores) but you can use any kind of glue as long as it dries clear.
- Something to draw circles with (optional)
- Jar or empty candle: I used a Tostitos container.
- Tissue paper: I used some from my mark. and Birchbox purchases! Keep all of your packaging, you never know when it will come in handy.
- Some sort of ribbon or cord: Mine was from a StyleMint purchase, I re-used as many things as possible in this project.
- Scrap paper to write your fortunes on.
- Draw a circle (I used a candle top as a guide) on decorative paper and cut it out. Erase the pencil marks.
- Fold the circle in half (but do not crease the edges).
- Hold the paper as shown (really hard to explain) and push in the center.
- Glue the fortune cookie together and hold for a few minutes.
- Prepare your jar (I covered the top with tissue paper and used a ribbon).
- Write down your fortunes and insert them in the cookie!