It may not look like something incredibly special but wow these simple tomato sandwiches are delicious.
What you need:
- A quarter of a tomato
- Wheat or whole grain bread and a toaster
- Sea salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Toast a piece of wheat or whole grain bread.
- While the breed is toasting to my liking, I cut slices of about a quarter of a tomato.
- Add the tomato slices to the toasted bread and lightly drizzle extra virgin olive oil. This makes the sandwich… slippery? I don’t know how else to put it. A slippery sandwich (this is funny) tastes better to me. Like adding ketchup to a hamburger.
- Put a hefty amount of pepper and sea salt (I probably put too much). Normally I feel allergic to pepper but for some reason I love it on this sandwich.
I don’t put another piece of toast on top of the tomato slices because I feel like it makes it to dry. I’ll eat this once or twice a day as a snack.
Let me know what you think of this quick recipe! I swear, it tastes so delicious. Sometimes the simpler things are better.