I’m really jealous that I have natural red heads in the family yet I didn’t get the genes for it! Red is such a beautiful color. If you want to get the red look shown in the picture above (that is my real results after using this conditioner weekly) then follow this tutorial.
Ingredients for a DIY red color depositor:
- Red henna (I used Caca Rouge Mama from Lush)
- Chamomile tea
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Conditioner as a base (I used Organix Keratin Conditioner)
- A container to store it in and a fork to mix it all together
- Make sure your tea is extremely hot (Use half a cup or less depending on your container). Put it into your container and put in chunks of red henna. The tea will melt the henna and brighten up the hair. Stir until henna is dissolved or a more mushy consistency.
- Add a few squirts of honey and a small amount of olive oil. I don’t use exact measurements, I just feel it out. Honey lightens my hair (making the red look brighter and adhere better by opening the cuticle of my hair) and extra virgin olive oil helps aids the lightening process while also conditioning.
- Slowly mix in conditioner until you get the right consistency.
- Use one or twice a week. Any more then that and your hair could be over-conditioned (making it have more fly aways).
If any of you do this project, take before and after pictures! It will take a few weeks for the color to be really noticeable but it will be worth it in the end because this red is easy to maintain (just keep using the tutorial weekly) and it is chemical free.
Are you rocking red hair? Will you try this project?