I am beyond ecstatic to bring you todays DIY project since today I’m fulfilling one of you guys’ requests from my YouTube channel!
If you ever have a DIY request, let me know in the comments of my blog posts/videos or send me a tweet. This hashtag also applies if you want to show me a DIY project that you have made, I’d love to see them!
Today, as wantsomecc requested, we are making a natural exfoliating cleanser. This cleanser is great for all skin type but in particular for acne and sensitive skin.
- Spreadable honey or raw honey (it has more nutrients then refined “normal honey”)
- Extra virgin coconut oil (also has more nutrients then normal coconut oil)
- If coconut oil is not available, try extra virgin olive oil. Use less olive oil then you would coconut oil.
- If cinnamon is not available, try sugar. Use very little because sugar can be really tough on the skin.
Instructions (see video for visuals):
- Melt two tablespoons of coconut oil in the microwave so it is easier to work with.
- Combine three tablespoons of honey with the oil and mix as well as you can.
- Add a dash/teaspoon of cinnamon. Cinnamon works as our exfoliant.
- Dampen face and massage into your skin as you would any other cleanser. Rinse to take off and pat skin dry.
Most skin types won’t even need a moisturizer afterwards but I generally follow with a bit more coconut oil.
The above image is a screen grab from Crunchy Betty’s honey challenge. She has a lot of helpful posts and tips on how to use honey in skincare.
I hope you enjoyed this video on an easy honey cleanser. Don’t forget you can substitute coconut oil for olive oil. It may even work better for those whose skin is ultra sensitive (since coconut oil can harden).