Today (well technically I started over the weekend, I’m a cheater) marks the start of BookTubeAThon 2014. It’s a week-long event where you try to read as many books as you can (ideally one a day), along with making videos to accompany them.
– Here are the official challenges –
The Reading Challenges:
- A book with pictures
- Start and finish a series
- A book with red on the cover
- A book someone else picks out for you
- A book from the genre you’ve read the least this year
- A book to movie adaptation
- Read seven books
The Video Challenges:
- Day One: Show your top 3 book you read because of booktube
- Day Two: Find the items on three covers
- Day Three: Draw a better cover for any book
- Day Four: Write a story using all the words from three titles
- Day Five: Make a rainbow of you favourite books
- Day Six: Find 5 things from one of the books you’ve read this week
- Day Seven: Show us where you’ve read during the booktubeathon
I won’t be following the rules as closely as many of the people participating but I’m really excited to be invigorating my love for reading this week.
In the video below I outline the books I will be reading and if they pertain to the challenges. I won’t be following the video challenges for the week, mostly because of time restraints. Although I will be having a video at the end of the week to share with you how I did.
- Book to movie and red on the cover – The Last Unicorn (Check out the movie)
- Book with pictures and a genre you haven’t read much of (for me, classics) – Alice’s Adventure in Wonderland
- A recommended book – #GIRLBOSS (On Audible)
- The Love Letters of Henry VIII to Anne Boleyn
- Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban
- Finishing up the last two books Pottermore (Friend me! I’m OwlFeather75)
I’m really excited to get out of my reading rut this week! I’ve been basically only reading fanfiction, I need to bring back variety.
What books do you want to read this Summer?