Hi Kind Friends! Today I’m showing you how I make a messy bun when I have extremely thin hair. It’s a really easy style that takes less than five minutes and does not use a sock bun.
Side note, this style would look great with a bold lip.
Last thin hair tutorial: Milkmaid Braid for Thin and Short Hair (Using a Scarf)
Check out the video below:
- Hair tie that match your hair
- Bobby pins that match your hair (Goody makes good ones)
- Hairspray (from theBalm)
Instructions (see video):
- Add some dry shampoo or texturizing spray to your hair if it’s squeaky clean. My hair is just dirty in this video, ha!
- Bring your hair all of the way to the top of your head (think I Dream of Jeanie) and loop the hair tie around it as many times as you ban until you have only one loop left.
- With that last loop, put your hair through half way.
- Reposition pieces of your hair as if it were a bun. It’s hard to explain, look to the video for reference. Bobbypin your hair into those desired positions.
- Take out strands from the front.
- Pull hair from the scalp to make it look more voluminous.
- Hairspray to keep in place all day.
If you are reading this, leave me a comment telling me your go-to hairstyle! Mine is half up.
I hope this top knot for thin hair was helpful to you!
(Hair inspiration pictures found on Tumblr. Sources unknown.)