Hi Kind Friends!
Today for the third day of Wedding Week I am sharing with you my easy floral crown DIY project that I wore to my bachelorette party. I knew for my bachelorette party that I wanted to look like a princess but without the usual wedding sashes, buttons, jeweled tiara’s, etc. They just don’t scream Rebecca.
First stop, Hobby Lobby. I’ve recently discovered the beauty that is Hobby Lobby. I don’t think I’ll ever go to Michael’s Arts and Crafts again! (I’m sorry Michael’s)
- Fake baby’s breath (or use real flowers since baby’s breath looks virtually the same when dried out)
- Two different floral wires
- Pliers (I ended up just using my fingers)
I made sure not to wear makeup to the party since we would be doing face masks.
Dress: Garage sale
Video on the DIY process and how I did my hair:
- Measure the base wire around your head. I did mine more like a headband but many people measure it around their forehead for more of a hippie style. Make it slightly longer than needed since the flowers will make the crown tighter.
- Cut out small pieces of baby’s breath and wrap it around the crown with wire. Repeat all along the head, securing the flowers around the frame.
- OR add the flowers to the crown with hot glue and cover the glued areas with more of the pretty base wire or floral tape.
Note: It’s easier to use hot glue to glue on the flowers rather than what I did, which was wrap the flowers with wire. I had lost my glue gun (just found it this week, thank goodness) so this is what I did in a pinch.
That is the finished floral crown! It took less than an hour to do and I really enjoyed having it during my party. I felt really special.
Are you going to wear a crown during your bachelorette or during your wedding?
T-minus four days until the wedding!