Hi Kind Friends! Today I’m excited to share with you a new DIY project. It has been too long! If you are happy to see a new beauty DIY from me, get really pumped up because there are many more in my editorial calendar for the next few months.
Even though we are jumping into Spring (it feels like Summer here in Miami, oh gosh it’s hot outside) I am actually feeling the urge to darken my hair. Since I am honestly freaked out by the chemicals in hair dye I’ve concocted a new hair DIY to darken my hair using coffee.
- A few tablespoons of brewed coffee
- Optional: Cinnamon (if you want to add a little extra red tones)
- Container and mixing utensil
- Make some coffee for yourself and save a few tablespoons for your mixture
- Add conditioner into your container (enough to last you a week or two)
- Mix in one tablespoon of coffee at a time into the conditioner until you get a smooth consistency with a caramel color
- Optional: Add half a tablespoon of cinnamon
- Store in the fridge for no more than two weeks as the coffee can create mold
Now how do you dye your hair with coffee? Use this conditioner recipe regularly. I like to jumpstart it by wearing it for an hour or so the first time and then using it in place of a normal conditioner every time I wash my hair afterward. This process will take some time but if dying your hair without the use of chemicals is important to you (or you would just rather not spend the money for a professional treatment), you’ve got to try this.
My progress after one week (using my default picture as a before shot):
What DIY recipe would you like me to do next? Will you be trying this DIY?
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! I’m really excited about the new content coming to RebeccaKelsey.com and the new focus I’m bringing to it. I just know you are going to love it.