My home office tends to get pretty messy, so much so that I usually give it a big overall once or twice a month. I don’t get too annoyed by it though because the cleaning is actually quite relaxing. Even in my organized chaos, there are five things that I have to keep in my home office at all times because if not I just can’t function. Here is a rundown on my top 5 home office essentials.
5 Things You Should Have In Your Home Office
- A planner and several notebooks
- If you are a lover of digital calendars, go for it. But for me I have to have a physical planner and physical notebook for my ideas or I run the risk of forgetting everything I need to do that day. The planner I’m currently using (from Lorna Jane) is no longer available but there are a few other planners that I’ve been staring at lovingly like the Rose Gold Erin Condren Life Planners ($75) and the Create 365 Happy Planner ($24.99). Rifle Paper Co also makes the most beautiful notebooks, I own several.
- Hand cream
- Typing, writing, washing my hands several times a day makes my skin feel so dry. I can’t function when my hands are dry. I’m not kidding, dry hands make me really upset. So to keep my little typing digits happy, I keep the Honest Company Organic Healing Balm by me at all times. It makes your hands a little shiny but that goes away after a few moments. It’s packed with amazing ingredients.
- An external hard drive
- Data loss happens and it is freaky. I make sure to always back up my videos and important files with my terabyte external hard drive. It’s amazing how much cheaper these items are now.
- Productivity enablers
- Motivational images
- I like to see pretty things all around me so I have a few post cards, family photos, and printed quotes around my space. I also like to use inspirational desktop wallpapers. This keeps me focused on what I’m working for and towards.
Now, onto a timelapse video of me organizing my office space. It doesn’t look as gorgeous as Media Marmalade’s desk (shown above) but it will do for now. I cannot wait to eventually get new office furniture.
Before you head away, I’d love to know your thoughts in the comments. Am I missing any essentials? What do you have to have in your office?
If you haven’t already, join the RebeccaKelsey.com mailing list. Some new exciting things are coming soon.