Since I work from home, having a cute office space is essential to me. I do not want to feel like I am in a uniform cubicle. If you feel the same, check out a few of my cute DIY projects below as well as my DIY compendium for all of my past projects.
All instructions and examples are shown in the video above.
DIY #1: Picture Frame Whiteboard
- Measure a decorative paper to fit the inside of a frame
- Put the paper inside the frame
- Hang on the wall and write on the glass using a whiteboard marker
DIY #2: Pencil/Marker Holder
- Clean out an old candle (I freeze my old candles and then the excess wax pops right out)
- Fill with pennies, beads, or other decorative item as a filler to keep your items upright
DIY #3: Washi Tape Keyboard
- Cut washi tape to size
- Cover select keys
- Take off and change colors to match the season or your mood
DIY #4: Glitter Magnets
- Cover old ugly magnets with glitter washi tape (or glue and glitter of choice)
- That’s it!
DIY #5: Custom Monthly Planner
- Buy a small monthly planner
- Tape a motivational message on top or create a collage of your favorite images, print, and tape on
DIY #5: Custom Mouse Pads
- Just use a notebook!
DIY #6: Pretty Wall Space
- Create a DIY photo clothesline
- Tape cute motivational sayings or photos that inspire you
- Hang up a clip board and interchange images that make you happy
- Clean your space weekly!
My Stationary Essentials:
- Day Designer planner – I can’t live without it!
- Jill Bliss Post It notes
- Rifle Paper Co notebooks
- Stripped folder and other small accessories (keep an eye on the Target dollar section)
- Cute motivational messages from A Beautiful Mess
Most of these DIY projects were so easy that they take less than five minutes. You just need to think a little out of the box.
If you like this post, make sure to check out some of my other Home Decor Projects to spice up your space.
Are you going back to school soon? Or are you completely out of school like me and just feel like keeping your space fresh?