In My Journal on
March 13, 2016

The Sunday Special

What I’ve been feeling this week, in blog form. Enjoy your relaxing Sunday, Kind Friends, and let me know if you’d like to see a post like this every week. I’ll be back next week to share with you more content. In the mean time, keep up with me on Facebook and Twitter.

Favorite Home Decor Day Dream:

Stunning home decor from Oh Joy

Dainty lights from Amazon, featured in this Oh Joy photo sharing her new dinnerware for Target.

My Sunday Jams:

jagged little pill by Alanis Morissette (Spotify Landmark Edition)

I totally miss 90s music! I feel like it’s a little harder for me to find music I connect to in this generation. What music are you loving recently?

Sunday TV Marathon:

Colony on the USA Network

Alien shows are my favorite and I love how this show keeps their influence on the community ambiguous.

What I’m looking forward to on Monday:

Who will Ben choose? I’m so excited, this is my first season of The Bachelor and it was drama city.

I hope you all had a wonderful week! This next one will hopefully be even better.

Comment below some of your favorite links, shows, products, and more from the past week or so. I’d love new suggestions!

• Robin Rue (

I have never heard of the Colony, but I loved that guy when he was Sawyer on Lost. I mean I used to swoon over him every week.

March 14, 2016 at 12:29 pm Reply
  • karen

Love Target – they have the cutest things! Not long lasting, but adorable in the moment! Need to see other fun things from them, like the plates above! Loving that its finally spring!
    Karen | GlamKaren.com

March 14, 2016 at 12:38 pm Reply
  • Cara (

Looks like you are having a fabulous week! I have to check out the Oh Joy collection at Target. I didn’t even know they have a collaboration. That dinner decor is wonderful!

March 14, 2016 at 2:11 pm Reply
  • Ana De- Jesus

I still need to watch this programme but I haven’t been able to find a medium to watch it on. Do you know any sites I could watch it on?

March 14, 2016 at 2:35 pm Reply
  • Heather lawrence

Adding this to the download list! I loved lost and this looks like it’s going to be another hit!
    Plus I am a huge alien freak too so Colony is a must see.

March 14, 2016 at 3:11 pm Reply
  • Siniciliya

Is the Colony good? I’ve seen that it’s on, but I was a bit suspicious about it.

March 14, 2016 at 4:13 pm Reply
  • Vicky

Haven’t heard about The Colony but I am curious about it. I am always looking for quality shows to add to my viewing roster.

March 14, 2016 at 8:13 pm Reply
  • Blythe A.

Seeing Alanis in your post reminded me of all the times my BFF and I would sing loudly along with her. I love listening to music from back in the day, it brings back great memories.

March 14, 2016 at 9:06 pm Reply
  • Michelle

I watched a portion of the pilot for Colony & I need to go back catch up!

March 14, 2016 at 9:11 pm Reply
  • Kait

Oh my goodness, Alanis’ Jagged Little Pill is THE BEST! It’s such a throwback, but I love it.

March 14, 2016 at 10:04 pm Reply
  • jill conyers

I love the new dinner ware at Target. And I’m a long time fan of Alanis Morissette.

March 15, 2016 at 4:42 am Reply
  • Charlotte

Loving that table set up! I love the idea of lights making it a little more dreamy! I am going to have to try this, and Alanis Morisette is the Sunday legend! I love her music and she gives a great sunday vibe :)

March 15, 2016 at 6:28 am Reply
  • tp keane

I’ve been watching colony. I find the story is great but I’d really love a bit more action in it, maybe a shirtless scene or two from mr dreamy lol.

March 15, 2016 at 9:37 am Reply
  • KRYSTLE COOK

I’ll have to check those out at Target. I go there so often. It’s the closest big store to my house.

March 15, 2016 at 11:33 am Reply
  • Megan McCoig

My favourite show of the week has to be the Walking Dead, coming to the last season now and I’m enjoying it so much I don’t want it to end! Loved reading your favourites :) I’ve read about the Colony and sounds really great, so maybe I’ll watch that soon!

March 15, 2016 at 4:21 pm Reply

We really enjoyed Haven as an alien type show :-) I think all but the final season (which just ended) are on Netflix! I love 90’s music…the music of my youth – it is one of my Pandora stations and helps me get all the laundry done :-)

March 15, 2016 at 6:56 pm Reply
  • CourtneyLynne

Oooo you just gave me something new to check out at target!!!! I will be going there on Thursday so I will see if they live up to the hype ;-)

March 15, 2016 at 8:50 pm Reply
  • laura londergan

I really enjoy my weekly trips to Target and was so excited about Oh Joy’s line that she had coming out. Her party lines were always on point and this one was too

March 16, 2016 at 7:01 am Reply
  • Emily

We have almost all the episodes of Colony on our DVR to binge watch soon! Looking forward to that!

March 16, 2016 at 1:07 pm Reply
  • brianna george

I don’t know if I have any new things that I am loving this week. I have had a pretty boring week. *sigh*

March 16, 2016 at 3:46 pm Reply
  • Eileen

I am having a nice week! I had 2 photos get approved for Foodgawker. I also had a recipe published in an on-line magazine. Its nice to focus on good things :)

March 16, 2016 at 7:46 pm Reply
  • krystalk

I just bought that dinnerware from Target. IT’s quirky and fits in with my home theme. They also make nice food props. ;)

March 17, 2016 at 7:47 am Reply
  • HilLesha

Believe it or not, this is my first time hearing about this show. I’ll have to check it out sometime!

March 17, 2016 at 1:46 pm Reply
  • Jaime

I don’t watch the Bachelor shows but girl…. I stan for 90s music. LOL I graduated high school in 96 and finished college in 99. I live and BREATHE for the 90s.

I have to say my happy moment this week, is I found a Primary Care doctor I like. I bought some cute Lularoe skirts that I feel pretty in (I am having a battle with my weight and everything has been feeling YUCK! on me)

March 20, 2016 at 12:41 pm Reply