In Motherhood, My Journal on
April 27, 2016

It’s a BOY! 5 Month Pregnancy Update

I can’t believe it. Now we know for sure that EJ (the little nickname we had for baby #1) is officially Jack. We are having a baby boy. Wow!

If you missed my BIG reveal, take a look at my recent post: Why (and How) I Kept my Pregnancy a Secret for Five Months. That post also shares some of my symptoms and a video from my four-month update.

Now that things are all out in the open, getting dressed in the morning has been a heck of a lot easier now that I don’t have to hide my bump. Good thing too because this bump is large and in charge now. These past three weeks I have really popped.

My baby bump at 5 monthsI know that I have definitely gained some weight this month, and moving around has been a bit more challenging, but I’m trying to focus mainly on my health and making sure I’m still active rather than the number. Thinking about weight gain was putting a damper on things, so I’ve just decided to stop getting on the scale and only learn about my weight during doctor’s visits.

My hunger has definitely increased this past month, I feel like I’m constantly eating while I’m at work. I typically have my lunch box next to me and I’m sneaking food from it the majority of the day.

Some other things that have changed this month has been the amount of hair on my body. The fine blonde hair I’ve always had on my stomach is now longer (which is totally weird to me) and the hair on my legs and other areas I typically shave grows back a lot faster. No change on the hair that sits on my head, sadly, I was hoping that would get thicker.

My skin is also a lot dryer, but thankfully no stretch marks as of yet.

Changes, week by week:

Here is a video that goes into my symptoms as well as what it has been like at my new job and what baby kicks feel like.

I’m sharing a lot of updates on my social media accounts, so do follow if you can as it’s hard to share posts on my blog and YouTube channel while I’m figuring out how to write and upload during my free time.

Instagram | Twitter | FacebookΒ | Pinterest

Thank you all so much for the support these past few weeks. It has meant the world to me. I can’t believe I’m already half-way through this journey.

Have you been pregnant before? What symptoms did you feel at five months?

• Robin Rue (

My youngest is 8 going on 9 in August and I don’t remember all the details, but I know that the both times I was pregnant, It was literally the best I had ever felt. In my life.

April 28, 2016 at 8:27 pm Reply
  • Karen
    Twitter:

Whooooo! Congrats on the news of the baby BOY! So exciting for you! Thanks for sharing your journey with us!
    Karen | GlamKaren.com
    Karen recently posted..Pampering Mom with L’OCCITANEMy Profile

April 28, 2016 at 8:28 pm Reply
  • Kait

I love the collage you put together that tracks your progression through pregnancy! I hope you continue to feel good and congratulations on the baby boy!!
    Kait recently posted..Foreo LUNA or Clarisonic?My Profile

April 28, 2016 at 8:36 pm Reply
  • Vicky

Congratulations! You look great! I gained 65 pounds with my twins a 60 with my single so I know about bodies changing. But it does come off so enjoy every second. Best of luck!

April 28, 2016 at 8:51 pm Reply
  • Julie

Congrats on having a boy! As a Mom to three boys they are wonderful. It’s hard for me to remember what I was feeling at five months, my youngest is 6, but I do remember wanting to eat everything :)
    Julie recently posted..Crochet Hanger DIYMy Profile

April 28, 2016 at 8:58 pm Reply
  • tp keane

congratulations. I have two boys and I can tell you, they’re much easier than girls. Once you get over the initial (wreck everything around them and never stop moving) they’re a dream.

April 28, 2016 at 9:35 pm Reply
  • Debra

Congratulations! A boy would be so much fun! I have two little girls and I wouldn’t mind a little boy too!
    Debra recently posted..Skinny Key Lime Pie SmoothieMy Profile

April 28, 2016 at 11:35 pm Reply
  • Rachel Langer
    Twitter:

A boy! Congratulations from one boy mom to another. I think you look gorgeous in every picture.

April 29, 2016 at 12:01 am Reply
  • colette
    Twitter:

i’m a labor and delivery nurse and also a mom to two (much older) kiddos (8 & 13). congrats on the pregnancy!

April 29, 2016 at 7:54 am Reply
    Twitter:

Yay! I love your name too – my little guy is also named Jack, he will be 6 this year (yikes!). Good luck on the rest of your pregnancy!
    Heather recently posted..vlogging and bloggingMy Profile

April 29, 2016 at 8:28 am Reply
  • Ana De- Jesus
    Twitter:

AWWWWWWW congratulations hunny that is amazing and your bump is so cute. Like your partner said this a beautiful change for your family!
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted..House of Fraser S/S 2016 Campaign: Part IMy Profile

May 1, 2016 at 2:04 pm Reply
  • karissa Ancell
    Twitter:

I loved being pregnant with my daughter. I can’t believe it was already 10 years ago I was pregnant. My daughter will be 10 in October. It goes by so fast.
    karissa Ancell recently posted..22 spectacular ideas for your master bedroom and closetMy Profile

May 1, 2016 at 8:02 pm Reply
  • Roxanne
    Twitter:

It is so hard to hear the numbers! I carried twins so I knew the numbers would creep up quick. I started asking the nurse to not tell me. I stood backwards on the scale so I couldn’t see either. Lol

May 1, 2016 at 9:47 pm Reply
  • Cara (
    Twitter:

Wow! Congratulations! You and your family must be so excited! I just took care of my friend’s six month old baby boy and he was absolutely adorable! You’re going to have a fab time being a Mommy to your little one!
    Cara ( recently posted..Homemade MacaronsMy Profile

May 2, 2016 at 10:57 am Reply
  • Megan McCoig

Congratulations!! I bet you are both super excited and can’t wait for little jacks arrival!!

May 3, 2016 at 10:13 am Reply