In Events on
May 25, 2016

How You Can Come #2gether4theChildren

It’s pretty obvious to anyone that knows me why I’ve suddenly had an influx of interest in children’s related topics. Becoming pregnant has helped me gain new perspective on all of the different causes that impact to our little generations, so when I started hearing more about #2gether4theChildren I knew I had to share their efforts.

#2gether4theChildren is a campaign for the Miami Children’s Health Foundation (MCHF), a fundraising branch of Nicklaus Children’s Hospital (formerly known as Miami Children’s Hospital). While this pediatric hospital is based in Miami, it strives to provide the best care for sick children around the world. You can read some of their highlighted accreditations and awards on their website, filled with stats about how they are ranked among other leading pediatric hospitals, but the most important thing you need to know about Nicklaus Children’s Hospital is how they are changing the lives of children everywhere.

We need hospitals like this, we need doctors that are willing to take that second, or even fifth look, to make sure that absolutely everything that can be done for their patients is being considered. Without MCHF and the funds that they provide to Nicklaus Children’s Hospital through donations, Gracie and many other children like her wouldn’t be here today.

You can help support children like Gracie and the dedicated teams that made her survival possible. Use the video prompts above to donate to MCHF (or donate here) and come #2gether4theChildren, even the cost of one take-out meal can change the life of a child.

And if an extra $25 is too tough to spare at the moment (it happens, I’ve been there), you can be an instrument of awareness by changing your profile photo on Facebook to include the MCHF heart in a beautiful pink heart filter using the easy to follow steps on 2gether4theChildren.com.

Spread the word, our kids need help.

• Rachel Langer
    Twitter:

Children’s hospitals are so important. Little minds and bodies aren’t the same as grown up ones. It is important to have these hospitals accessible to everyone so our littles can get the best care they can!

May 25, 2016 at 9:39 am Reply
  • Robin Rue (

It is so important that kids are able to get the help and treatments they need. I do a few fundraiser’s for Children’s Hospital in Boston every year.

May 25, 2016 at 11:55 am Reply
  • Di
    Twitter:

Childrens hospitals are essential for helping pioneer new treatments and helping not just the kids but the whole families cope with diagnosis and treatments. We’re doing the nautica triathlon in September and that whole event (and fund raising) is for the childrens hospital of los angeles.

May 25, 2016 at 12:19 pm Reply
  • Mary
    Twitter:

Children’s hospitals are some of the most supportive places during the worst times a man and woman can experience. Supporting them is paramount.

May 25, 2016 at 5:21 pm Reply
  • Erin
    Twitter:

Oh childrens hospitals are so so important. Im always happy to donate to them any time I can!
    Erin recently posted..6 Social Media Mistakes That Will Hold You BackMy Profile

May 25, 2016 at 6:35 pm Reply
  • Amber Nelson

This is so awesome. We had to use a childrens hospital before and they were great. You don’t really appreciate them until you have to use them.

May 25, 2016 at 9:10 pm Reply
  • alexandria

Probably the most needed places in the world, right? We always donate to St Judes… you just can’t imagine a kid and family going through something like that. It’s important to care.
    alexandria recently posted..ONE JACKET YOU NEED FOR SPRING/SUMMERMy Profile

May 25, 2016 at 10:29 pm Reply
    Twitter:

I love this! I think Children’s hospitals are so incredibly important. I spent several weeks at Shriner’s Hospital in Boston when I was in high school after a car accident. Great cause!
    Heather recently posted..knitting and readingMy Profile

May 26, 2016 at 7:45 am Reply
  • Toni
    Twitter:

Children’s hospitals help families when they are at their lowest low. As a momma who spent a lot of time in them when my kids were younger, I appreciate volunteers like you.

May 26, 2016 at 12:48 pm Reply
      Twitter:

Thank you Toni. Every little bit helps. Happy to hear your kids were able to get help when they needed it. I know I’ll be in that boat soon!

June 3, 2016 at 1:00 pm Reply
  • Kelly
    Twitter:

This is a wonderful thing! My nephew had surgery done (twice) by the Shriner’s Hospital in Tampa – without their support, it’s unlikely he’d be walking now as an adult.
    Kelly recently posted..The Zen of BloggingMy Profile