For the third post in this series (check out my March wishlist and April wishlist posts if you missed them), I actually had a hard time coming up with a list that reached $100. My brain the past two months has been on a minimalist kick, reducing/reusing everything and anything to the absolute most that I can, which is good news in my book.
So, if I had $100 to spare in my budget this month what would I buy?
1. Smartphone Tripod Adaptor ($12.95): I recently upgraded to the iPhone 6 SE and the quality is actually better than the camera I’m currently using for my YouTube videos, so I’m hoping to get this adaptor soon so I can use my phone for my videos. This is something I definitely WILL buy, it’s just a matter of when.
2. Summer’s Eve Feminine Wash ($5.95): Even though this is less than $10, a wash just for my vaginal area feels like a splurge, but with my current pregnancy symptoms it may be something I purchase so I can see whether or not that makes a difference in how I’m feeling in that general region.
3. Renpure Cleansing Conditioner, Lavender ($6.99): This is actually in my Amazon cart as we speak, so it’s definitely moving into the haul category. I’m really proud to have finished up all of my reserve of little shampoos and conditioners from vacations (lol!) so now I can actually buy and use something for my hair that I like.
4. Nivea Kiss of Cherry ($5.91): Last beauty product on the list, a cruelty-free lipbalm I used to swear by in college. I’m still working through my lipbalm stash, sadly, so I may not be purchasing this anytime soon but it is on my Amazon wishlist for the day I can justify adding more makeup. It adds a subtle red color while keeping your lips moisturized for hours.
5. New Blog Design ($35 for design, $30 for install): I’ve changed my blog a lot over the years, mostly by having my designer add on changes as we go rather than starting from scratch. With the current blog and website climate, I’d really like to switch to a more standard white-space centered and mobile responsive design. This one on Etsy stands out to me and at a really affordable price as well. I’d like to have this design purchased and installed before the baby is born, but we’ll see how this wishlist item develops.
As for what I ended up buying from April’s list, I am purchasing the Cetaphil face cleanser today (sitting in my cart with the Renpure conditioner!) since I’ve finally finished up my current facial cleansers. As of right now it’s the only item on that wishlist that I’m actually buying.
Overall, these lists are fun to make and they also help me prioritize any gifts I buy for myself as I’m working towards a more minimal home and beauty routine. I love seeing what items I think about month over month and then comparing what I actually buy. It’s intriguing!
So, what would you buy if you had some extra room in your budget?