In Beauty, Motherhood on
June 1, 2016

6 Month Bumpdate and Pregnancy Favorites

We’ve got a lot to go into during this pregnancy update. The difference in my bodyΒ 5 months to 6 months has changed dramatically, so let’s jump right in to my 6 month bumpdate.

Weight Gain at 6 Months Pregnant

During my 5 month pregnancy update I talked about how my hunger had increased and that has maintained this past month. In the first four months I gained very little weight and in these past two I can see more significant increases. I believe I’m up close to 15 pounds, but I try to stay away from the scale for the most part just for the sake of my sanity.

5 month versus 6 month pregnancy changes

As for my clothing, I’ve had to put a few of my dresses into storage because my belly lifted the dresses enough to make them too short to wear to work. For the most part I’m still able to wear my non-maternity clothes, since I typically wear clothes that are more flowy, but I have added three maternity dresses to my capsule wardrobe this past month. I still only have one pair of pants that fit, as well as the one pair of maternity pants I purchased last month, so most of my wardrobe is dresses. I just hate pants.

Changes in my Body and Symptoms

My belly button is days away from popping out and that is just so strange! My belly has grown pretty significantly in the past month so there is now no question that I’m expecting.

My vaginal discharge has also increased the past month, so much so that I’ve purchased Summer’s Eve Feminine Deodorant Spray. This is something I use twice a day to minimize odor and make me feel more dry and comfortable.

I’m also finding more smells in the home to be bothersome, so I’ve added two home fragrance items this month, thanks to Simply Heaven Candles. They have sponsored a portion of theΒ below video and a full review post will be coming on these products soon.

Featured: Lemon Drop Candle (for the kitchen) and Lavender Reed Diffuser (for the bedroom)

My energy levels are also a lot lower this month, so I’ve been going to bed a lot earlier and have had trouble keeping up with my blog and other freelance work. I’ve had to scale back a lot in that way, which emotionally was hard for me to accept, but now I’m trying to be more understanding of what the rest I need.

The last change this past month has been the introduction of acid reflux. Not fun! I’ve had to keep antacids in my purse at all times because, as of yet, I haven’t been able to find a pattern as to what I’m eating/doing that leads me to that discomfort. Thankfully it’s not a daily problem, but something that comes up 2-3 times a week.

Kicking

Jack is not much of a kicker, Chris has only been able to feel him kick a handful of times and no one else has had the pleasure. He seems really calm, fingers crossed that he stays calm after birth too. Most of the time he kicks in the nighttime, but he also kicks when I’m watching TV using my iPad (since I lean it against my stomach) and when we go to the movie theaters. I assume it’s the loud sounds that get him going, but it’s still pretty cute.

That is all I have to report this month for my 6 month bumpdate. Pregnancy isn’t getting easier! Make sure to follow me on social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Snapchat: rebecca.kelsey) for on the go bump photos and symptom checkins.

• Blythe A.
    Twitter:

I love the name you have for your belly. So cute. My sister called her first baby the jellybean until he was born. Her hubby came up with it after the first ultrasound. Thanks you sharing you new update.

June 4, 2016 at 12:12 am Reply
  • jill conyers
    Twitter:

Being pregnant is quite miraculous. It’s amazing what our bodies can do. And, then, being a mom is even better.
    jill conyers recently posted..Helpful Tips To Enjoy Social Situations On a Special DietMy Profile

June 4, 2016 at 6:51 am Reply
  • Kori

First trimester always kicked my butt but second trimester was usually nicer to me. It’s really amazing how much our bodies change during this time.

June 4, 2016 at 7:50 am Reply
  • Wendy
    Twitter:

Ohh… I feel your pain about the reflux. I suffered terribly. Hope it gets better for you. Believe it or not, Apple Cider Vinegar helped me.
    Wendy recently posted..Salisbury Steak with Onion SauceMy Profile

June 4, 2016 at 10:39 am Reply
  • Ana De- Jesus
    Twitter:

Your 12 inch sub looks so cute :p but sorry to hear about your reflux issues. I have reflux myself but I don’t have children x
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted..Acai Berry Focus SupplementsMy Profile

June 4, 2016 at 5:09 pm Reply
  • Kirsten

What a cute update. I hate to tell you, it does not get easier, only more uncomfortable. : ( Hang in there though, it will be worth it!

June 4, 2016 at 5:25 pm Reply
  • Rachel Langer
    Twitter:

Glad to see that Jack is already being a good boy. I feel you about the smells. Anything would set me off when I was pregnant into a wave of nausea. Ah memories… :)
    Rachel Langer recently posted..Fun Families Stay and Play at the Radisson in Schaumburg ILMy Profile

June 4, 2016 at 8:57 pm Reply
  • kirsten
    Twitter:

What a fun way to document all the changes for your little Jack to read when he is older. I love it when moms take the time to do such things!

June 4, 2016 at 9:45 pm Reply
  • Rebecca Bryant
    Twitter:

Aw congrats on the baby. You look amazing.
    Rebecca Bryant recently posted..7 Tips For Beating The Summertime Heat With MSMy Profile

June 4, 2016 at 10:18 pm Reply
  • Beeb Ashcroft

Having babies…what an exciting adventure. There are so many new things to feel and experience. It is different with every baby so no experience is the same. Congratulations.

June 5, 2016 at 12:18 am Reply
  • Deb
    Twitter:

You look great. At six months, I was already feeling the affects of having a big baby and the heat.

June 5, 2016 at 12:23 pm Reply
  • Teresa | Simply Made Fun
    Twitter:

I loved being pregnant, but I never documented mine on my blog like you are. I love reading these types of updates. Our bodies are truly amazing.
    Teresa | Simply Made Fun recently posted..Simple Fabric Patriotic WreathMy Profile

June 5, 2016 at 9:14 pm Reply
      Twitter:

Sometimes I feel awkward sharing my stomach, as I don’t feel confident in it, but I know that’s something I’ll want to see years from now and relate with others on. It’s a journey! Thanks for stopping by.

June 7, 2016 at 1:24 pm Reply
  • Teresa

So exciting! You look fantastic. What a great time in your life :)

June 5, 2016 at 10:28 pm Reply
  • laura londergan

what a fun post and congrats on the new addition. I loved being pregnant and really miss ALL the time! ;)

June 6, 2016 at 2:38 pm Reply
  • Yona Williams

It’s so interesting to read how people respond to pregnancy differently. Acid reflux is a new one to me. My best friend had a craving for sand when she was pregnant.
    Yona Williams recently posted..Company Highlight: Salvatore FerragamoMy Profile