In My Journal on
July 3, 2016

What I Ate While Pregnant – Second Trimester Pregnancy Diet

Second Trimerester Pregnancy Diet

I can’t believe I’m seven months pregnant now, that’s insane! Jack will be here in two short months and we are only just now starting to prepare the house. Wish us luck! These next few weekends are packed with home projects.

As time has gone on, my pregnancy diet has really changed. I’ve filmed two What I Ate videos over the course of my pregnancy so far, one at five months pregnant and one at six months pregnant, and it’s fun to me to look back and see the differences in them. Now that I’m at seven months, I’m thinking about filming one again. What do you guys think? Should I film a video every month until I’m due?

What I Eat In a Day – 5 Months Pregnancy Diet

1. Iced Vanilla Coffee (Mio Energy Iced Vanilla Java with Milk)
  2. Energy Bites (Peanut butter, rice crispies, dates, and maple syrup or honey)
  3. In my Honest Company lunchbox (eaten during work hours)
    1. Apple
    2. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
    3. Vanilla Snackpack
    4. Brightside soft baked granola in cinnamon brown sugar
    5. Snapea Crisps in XO Eco by Blue Avocado container
    6. Cheese and crackers
    7. Orange juice
  4. Pastellitos
  5. Chicken and pasta
  6. Orange creamsicle push pop

What I Eat in a Day – 6 Months Pregnancy Diet

1. Smoothie bowl (strawberries, bananas, Welch’s  white grape juice, homemade granola, kiwis) – I’ve been obsessed with these!
  2. French vanilla Folgers coffee with Dunkin Donuts vanilla creamer
  3. Hamburger with Cape Cod original chips
  4. Chips and cowboy caviar (made with mixed vegetables, beans, and homemade dressing)
  5. Caesar salad
  6. Pizza
  7. Coffee Cake

Thinking on it, I get a lot hungrier at work! I definitely snack more when I’m not at home.

Thankfully I haven’t craved weird things. Did you have any of those funny movie-worthy cravings, like pickles and chocolate, when you were pregnant?

Keep up with more day-to-day pregnancy updates on my snapchat (rebecca.kelsey) and on Instagram @rebeccakelsey.

• Theresa

Aww, congrats on your pregnancy! It looks like you have a pretty healthy diet!

July 3, 2016 at 9:45 pm Reply

Thanks Theresa! It doesn’t always look this way, I definitely have some cheat days, but thankfully not as often as it used to be.

July 8, 2016 at 7:35 am Reply
  • Jen

Energy bites were a go-to for me when I was pregnant as well. I am a Mama to three kiddos and I experienced severe nausea with all my pregnancies. The bites helped keep up my energy levels during the yucky months. Great post!!

July 3, 2016 at 10:03 pm Reply

Thanks Jen! Did you call them energy bites too or did you have another name for them?

July 8, 2016 at 7:34 am Reply
  • Rebecca Bryant

congrats. I miss being pregnant. I loved every minute of it and would have done it again if my body allowed it.

July 3, 2016 at 10:20 pm Reply
  • Betsy Todd

Love this video, so cool

http://www.missygowns.com/graduation-dresses.html for your party night

July 4, 2016 at 2:29 am Reply
  • Raelene

Congratulations.
    It is great that you are eating so well.

July 4, 2016 at 6:16 am Reply
  • Cynthia

Congratulations on hitting your seventh month mark. I think our bodies tell us what they need! You look like you’re eating nutriously and thats the important thing

July 4, 2016 at 9:33 am Reply

Thank you Cynthia! I remember in the beginning of my pregnancy I wanted a lot of oats and then it just slowly tapered off when I started having more calcium.

July 8, 2016 at 7:27 am Reply
  • nurechia

Very good… I definitely did not have this much self control to eat healthy with my son. I will make more of an effort with the second one. I know how hard it can be to eat healthy when pregnant but i admire you for doing so.

July 4, 2016 at 11:00 am Reply

Thanks Nurechia! It definitely isn’t always this way, there are several days that involve lots of cake and candy, but I’m happy that about 80% of the time I don’t get too crazy with sugar.

July 8, 2016 at 7:26 am Reply
  • Kimberly

You seem much more prepared than me. I am almost 6 months pregnant with my 2nd! I’ve been craving avocado!

July 4, 2016 at 10:35 pm Reply

Haha! No, not prepared at all. Our house is a mess and nothing is set up. We are starting to scramble! Hope you are feeling well, avocado is the best.

July 8, 2016 at 7:24 am Reply
  • Terryn

Oh, I have had so many cravings! I have had 6 kids and the cravings have all been different. Olives were a big one for me, couldn’t get enough of them. Mustard for some of them, pineapple juice, chicken salad. I could go on and on, lol. Congratulations!

July 5, 2016 at 7:51 am Reply

Oh how interesting! Did you like those things before you got pregnant or did they just come on suddenly?

July 8, 2016 at 7:23 am Reply
  • Christina

Your post made me hungry lol. When I was pregnant I could barely eat, it was the worst. I was sick all the time. The one thing I loved even though I knew it would make me sick was chicken wings with hot sauce.

July 13, 2016 at 1:54 pm Reply
  • Dawn McAlexander

I can say one thing, this baby should be healthy when it is born! You really have a great diet going on there. I wish all the best for you and your newborn when it arrives.

July 13, 2016 at 10:03 pm Reply