In Motherhood, My Journal on
July 12, 2016

Third Trimester Update – 7 Month Pregnancy Symptoms (31 Weeks)

I am seven months pregnant, holy crap!

Hey there, Kind Friends. Today I’m going into some details about my seventh month of pregnancy. It’s insane to me that I have less than two months to go until Chris and I get to meet the little alien/monkey in my stomach (also known as Jack).

As of the time I’m writing this, I’m 31 weeks pregnant, so one week shy of eight months. Insert my freaking out face here, because I just did that math now and I had no idea I was already almost done with my seventh month! To say I feel underprepared is an understatement, especially since Chris and I are just starting to set up the house now and don’t even have a crib or car seat yet. Yeah, it’s #CrunchTime.

Besides the panic, physically I’ve had a few changes this month. I go into some of the details on those changes along with some of my pregnancy favorites in the below video. The pregnancy vlog was filmed at 30 weeks, but in the week that followed I haven’t had any changes in symptoms.

As described in the video, the major addition in my symptoms has been the stretch marks on my left butt cheek and sciatica pain radiating from my right butt cheek (talk about a tough month for my butt), as well as swelling in my hands and feet.

Symptoms that have carried over from the previous two trimesters have been some instances of acid reflux, hunger, weight gain, and being emotionally/physically drained.

Overall, I can’t complain (except sometimes I do, hello third trimester hormones). I feel very blessed to have had a relatively calm pregnancy. I just need to get my poor booty moving on getting this house ready for Jack Douglas Cortes’ arrival.

Thankfully we had our baby shower this month and our friends and family were able to help us with some of the essentials. I’ll have a post all about the shower in the coming weeks. My best friend Marie and my mom hosted the event, along with some invaluable help from Marie’s family, it turned out to be a wonderful party. Jack is so loved.

My Third Trimester Pregnancy Favorites

Adore Me clothing featured in the above video: Circe UnlinedMaera T-shirt setthe Laurence pajama, and the Valentina slip

Also featured, the Charlotte Lacroix Firming Face Cream.

For the curious people, like myself, I’ve got some pictures of the belly to share!

Third Trimester Pregnancy Favorites

Kind Friends social assignment, follow me on any account you may be missing: Instagram 1, Instagram 2 (for my Etsy shop), Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat (rebecca.kelsey)

And if you need to catch up on your reading: Second Trimester Pregnancy Diet | How I Kept My Pregnancy a Secret for 19 Weeks5 Month Pregnancy Update | 6 Month Pregnancy Update

What was your pregnancy like? Did you make it through your third trimester without stretch marks?

• karen
    Twitter:

Congratulations on being almost to the end! How exciting to see the progress of your journey and all the fun to come with the little one!
    Karen | GlamKaren.com
    karen recently posted..Summer’s Top Trends: Day to NightMy Profile

July 13, 2016 at 1:30 pm Reply
  • Terri Steffes
    Twitter:

No stretch marks, but my mom insisted I rub vaseline on my belly every day. Just a light coat. Who knows, maybe it worked!
    Terri Steffes recently posted..Strawberry Avocado Salsa #UltimateRecipeChallengeMy Profile

July 13, 2016 at 2:43 pm Reply
  • Terryn

I have had 6 babies and nope…I got a lot of stretch marks with my first. You look beautiful! I love that your baby is the size of ice cream, lol.
    Terryn recently posted..Declutter Challenge {Day 13} Junk DrawerMy Profile

July 13, 2016 at 7:23 pm Reply
  • Rachel
    Twitter:

You’re almost there. Good luck on the next steps in your journey and with labor!

July 13, 2016 at 11:18 pm Reply
  • Cathy Mini

You are so close to being able to hold that baby in your arms! I wish you the best of luck with labor – I hope it is complication free!
    Cathy Mini recently posted..21 Salmon Recipes to Enjoy this SummerMy Profile

July 13, 2016 at 11:53 pm Reply
  • Amanda Love
    Twitter:

I’m glad everything is going well with your pregnancy! Very little wait to go and you get to meet your new bundle of joy. Before you wave hello to the sleepless nights, I hope you’re able to fix the baby’s room and have everything you need!

July 14, 2016 at 1:06 am Reply
  • Paula
    Twitter:

I also got sciatica when I was pregnant, and it was awful. I’m so sorry you’re experiencing it. I found that lying on my side helped, sometimes, and I swore by those body pillow!

July 14, 2016 at 2:58 am Reply
  • roxanne
    Twitter:

Awe I love the tracking of the size as baby grows. How cute the size of a tub of ice cream! LOL I remember getting those emails each week with a “your baby is now….” Enjoy the final weeks of pregnancy!
    roxanne recently posted..Things No One Tells You About MotherhoodMy Profile

July 14, 2016 at 9:30 am Reply
  • Debra

Knowing what my baby was the size of was my favorite part of pregnancy! So cute that it is the size of an ice cream tub!
    Debra recently posted..Fun Ways to Get Outside with the Whole FamilyMy Profile

July 14, 2016 at 3:39 pm Reply
  • Ana
    Twitter:

Seven months already that is pretty crazy, I can’t believe it, I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy. The bump looks so cute but so sorry to hear that you are suffering with scitia

July 14, 2016 at 5:07 pm Reply
  • Yvonne Sowell

You are almost there. I miss being that pregnant! I miss the little squirms and kicks he did in my belly. I miss being okay with my body surprisingly. I was less body conscious when I was big. Congratulations and hope you are healthy!

| yvonnesowell.com |

July 14, 2016 at 6:03 pm Reply
  • Reesa

I miss being pregnant so badly. I hope the end is smooth for you! Enjoy it!

July 15, 2016 at 10:17 pm Reply
  • Jen

Looks like your shower was amazing! You still look fantastic!! Your getting close to the end, hang in there :)
    Jen recently posted..Free Grocery Printable + How To Feed A Family of 4 for $600.00 a MonthMy Profile

July 19, 2016 at 7:40 am Reply