Hi! Long time. And it’s been a long time since I’ve posted for many reasons. One of those reasons: I’m proud to share that I’ve written two drafts of a book this year! I’m ecstatic to explore that area of my career and so much more in 2018 through my goal action plans. Simply changing the way I viewed my goals completely altered how likely I was to succeed.
The goals I have for 2018 are ambitious and exciting. I know the beauty of small actions and daily habits will get me there. They are New Year’s Resolutions, but I think that term is given a bad rep. I like to focus on them as action items to make my life better, broken down into monthly and weekly to-dos.
Here is what I plan to accomplish in 2018 through daily actions.
- Complete Ember Dragon Daughter (Drafts 3 & 4) and submit my work to relevant agents that enjoy work similar to mine
- Publish 6 Skillshare courses related to my craft to help build my author platform
- Share monthly and weekly recaps of my goal progresses on this blog, sharing insightful looks at the actions I’m taking to make these goals come true
- Rearrange and decorate my home to feel more like the relaxing and creative space I imagine in my head
- Make time for self-care on a weekly basis, which will help recharge all other areas of my life
- Commit to my health daily through small measurable actions, whether it be by taking the stairs more often or putting down that extra cookie
- Go outside more with my family and enjoy what is beyond the screen
- Learn more about my craft and interests every month through reading and online webinars or courses
- Diversify our income through Skillshare, (in due time) book releases, possible online stores (I’ve dabbled on Etsy but may try other online sales platforms), and online work
- Create an easy to understand debt-resolution strategy my family can follow to tackle the debt that followed us while in unemployment and in health crises
- Make a budget that has room for future-planning and fun
Sounds like a lot, because it is a lot, but these are the areas of improvement that I am most committed to this year and I’m already working to make them happen.
Follow along on the journey.
What are you planning for 2018? I’d love to get to know what is important to you.