Are you there Judy? It’s me Rebecca and I just bought your $90 Master Class with 5+ hours of material I’m really excited to listen and learn from… Not the best title in the world, but I’m over the moon for Judy Blume and now she’s my teacher!
Okay, Rebecca, breathe a little.
Hi everyone, this marks our first-ever bimonthly goals session where I go through my New Year’s Resolutions and take some action to-dos for the first two months of the year.
It’s all about those baby steps.
Remember, what you do every day matters more than what you do every once in awhile.
So let’s break some of these goals down.
- Compile my thoughts and the feedback I received from my husband and sister’s read-through of Ember Dragon Daughter and transform it into a draft 3 action plan
- Write at least half of Draft 3
- Update my EDD blog page to be snazzy and cool (very technical terms)
- Prepare a mailing list to launch in March
- Plan and publish one Skillshare course on how to create character cards for your story bible
- Create my own story bible to use as an example
- Make my car my temple, as I commute for an average of 3 hours a day and noone wants to be someplace they hate for 3 hours
- Read 6 books, of which at least 2 are self-help or developmental
- Attend at least 4 yoga classes with my Dad, who is a yoga instructor
- Complete Judy Blume’s Master Class, as well as three other courses from Skillshare instructors
- Research online e-commerce platforms that are easy to use for creating writing and goal-related merchandise
- Create an easy to understand debt-resolution strategy my family can follow to tackle the debt that followed us while in unemployment and in health crises
- Make a budget that has room for future-planning AND fun
See how these goals mold together to become baby steps for my overarching year goals? That’s the plan. Make everything digestible in smaller chunks.
We’ll be taking this a step further each week with smaller steps that contribute to these bimonthly goals.
How would you break down your resolutions into smaller pieces?
Follow on social media for more content
Follow me on Facebook for blog and merch updates, and my Instagram and Twitter for a look at my current work in progress, Ember Dragon Daughter, and it’s writing process. On Skillshare, I teach writing success tips – like how to create a story bible for your novel’s world.
I may also share a lot of Harry Potter news and memes on my Facebook… Because I have no shame.