In Goals on
January 1, 2018

I’m Beyond Excited for Judy Blume’s Master Class

Are you there Judy? It’s me Rebecca and I just bought your $90 Master Class with 5+ hours of material I’m really excited to listen and learn from… Not the best title in the world, but I’m over the moon for Judy Blume and now she’s my teacher!

Okay, Rebecca, breathe a little.

Hi everyone, this marks our first-ever bimonthly goals session where I go through my New Year’s Resolutions and take some action to-dos for the first two months of the year.

It’s all about those baby steps.

What have you done today to follow your dreams?

Remember, what you do every day matters more than what you do every once in awhile.

So let’s break some of these goals down.

Career:

• Compile my thoughts and the feedback I received from my husband and sister’s read-through of Ember Dragon Daughter and transform it into a draft 3 action plan
  • Write at least half of Draft 3
  • Update my EDD blog page to be snazzy and cool (very technical terms)
  • Prepare a mailing list to launch in March
  • Plan and publish one Skillshare course on how to create character cards for your story bible
  • Create my own story bible to use as an example

Personal:

• Make my car my temple, as I commute for an average of 3 hours a day and noone wants to be someplace they hate for 3 hours
  • Read 6 books, of which at least 2 are self-help or developmental
  • Attend at least 4 yoga classes with my Dad, who is a yoga instructor
  • Complete Judy Blume’s Master Class, as well as three other courses from Skillshare instructors

Financial:

• Research online e-commerce platforms that are easy to use for creating writing and goal-related merchandise
  • Create an easy to understand debt-resolution strategy my family can follow to tackle the debt that followed us while in unemployment and in health crises
  •  Make a budget that has room for future-planning AND fun

See how these goals mold together to become baby steps for my overarching year goals? That’s the plan. Make everything digestible in smaller chunks.

We’ll be taking this a step further each week with smaller steps that contribute to these bimonthly goals.

How would you break down your resolutions into smaller pieces?

Follow on social media for more content

Follow me on Facebook for blog and merch updates, and my Instagram and Twitter for a look at my current work in progress, Ember Dragon Daughter, and it’s writing process. On Skillshare, I teach writing success tips – like how to create a story bible for your novel’s world.

I may also share a lot of Harry Potter news and memes on my Facebook… Because I have no shame.

• Kansas Bonanno

These are great, my main goal for the new year is to find a better job, I think that would take care of alot of the issues we are having right now, my other main goal is to make more time for myself. I’m the mom of four and I often forget about me.

January 1, 2018 at 3:22 pm Reply
  • Angela Tolsma

Congrats on signing up for the master class! I hope you love it and that it brings you lots of success. Love the break down of your goals. A budget with room for planning and fun is super important! Good luck!

January 1, 2018 at 6:15 pm Reply
  • Ana De- Jesus

I like the idea of creating bimonthly goals and congratulations on signing up to Judy’s masterclass, you sound super stoked! Good luck with your mailing list in March!

January 1, 2018 at 7:17 pm Reply
  • Beth Davidson

I just read your “about this hufflepuff” and I must say, you really are a goal setting extraordinaire! I love how organized you are with this.

January 1, 2018 at 7:18 pm Reply
  • Krystal Butherus

I’m excited for you joining master class! Wishing you much success. I can’t wait for updates!

January 1, 2018 at 9:20 pm Reply
  • Erica

I love that you are taking a class from Judy Blume. I loved her books back in the day. And a 3 hour daily commute? Wow, I thought my commute was bad. Glad you’re making your transportation more comfortable.

January 1, 2018 at 10:09 pm Reply
  • Ifeoluwa

Congrats to setting new goals! I see you accomplishing them! I would love to read more books this year. Your post was very motivating.

January 1, 2018 at 10:35 pm Reply
  • Britney Kaufman

I love all your goals! I made a few the other day and I totally forgot to make financial goals! Need to get on that.

January 1, 2018 at 11:21 pm Reply
  • Jessica Joachim

It sounds like you have a really awesome plan for the year ahead so far! I have never heard of this class, but now I want to look into it for sure!

January 2, 2018 at 6:48 am Reply
  • Pam

How exciting that you’re going to be learning from Judy Blume! Those look like some great goals for the month! I love how specific you were with the numbers. What books are on your list to read?

January 2, 2018 at 10:09 am Reply
  • Maria Katsulos

These are such great goals!! I know I’ve already told you how impressive it is that you’re being so proactive with your book (I need to be the same way!) but I think my favorite goal here is yoga with your dad, how fun is that!!

January 2, 2018 at 12:10 pm Reply
  • Krystel | Disney on a Budget

Those are great goals. I love making goals because they really do keep us on track. Goodluck!

January 2, 2018 at 6:06 pm Reply
  • Amber Marie

It’s inspiring how many goals you have and that you have a reasonable action plan to achieve them! I want to be more like you!

January 3, 2018 at 10:50 am Reply