Hello, Kind Friends. Today I am sharing a new episode in my weekly series, #5TipsFor. Come back every Tuesday for more tips in a wide variety of topics. This post features tips for staying inspired and on track with your goals, which is something I feel very passionately about.
If you have a suggestion for next weeks topic, tell me in the comments!
A video sharing all five of these tips:
Staying inspired is so important to me, as I have always been a big dreamer. I honestly can’t imagine a time when I wasn’t imagining what my future would hold and making plans to bring about that ideal life. Even so, my dreams have evolved with me and now my future looks so very different from what I thought at the start of college.
Because of all the events I’ve experienced these past few years, I haven’t always felt positive about how things have been progressing in my life. Hense, why I’ve put together these tips. These little snippets of advice help me stay motivated and focused on my goals, even when life is throwing me curve ball after curve ball, so I hope they can do the same for you.
5 Inspiration Tips:
- Keep your mind and your home free of clutter or at the very least the area where you plan on working most on these goals. Physical clutter is distracting.
- Have a totem or some sort of other visual representation of your goals that you can see every day. Having vision boards is a favorite of mine because it helps keep my dreams in a focus.
- Have someone that represents what you want to achieve and the life you want to lead.
- Be realistic about your goals. Make it challenging, but not debilitating, so that your goals can grow with your progress rather bring you down with their enormity.
- Work on your goals every single day. Even five minutes is better than nothing. Small efforts over time will make you feel more accomplished than a few days spread out over a month.
The list above is the bare bones of what I spoke about in the video, so please do watch it along with reading this post.
What are your goals? Can you believe that 2015 is almost over? Due to some craziness at the beginning of the year, my resolutions are totally different now from when I started. I have plans for a tip post about the New Year as well, so stay tuned.
What helps you stay inspired? Tell us all in the comments so that we can all benefit from your advice as well.