Hello, Kind Friends! Today I am sharing with you the first of my new series, 5 Tips For. I have three of these articles planned for this month so I hope you enjoy the content. This post will feature five writing tips, as I know that is something a lot of my readers are pursuing right now with NaNoWriMo.
If you haven’t been to my blog before, my name is Rebecca and I have been a blogger for over five years now, pursing more creative writing since 2013, and have been working as a freelance writer during this past year. Since I started working more closely with my writing, I’ve noticed very obvious improvements in my work so I wanted to share with you the tips that helped me get to where I am now.
A video sharing this info:
My Top Five Tips for Writers:
- Don’t take all advice too seriously. What works for one author or copywriter may not work for you and that’s okay.
- Write as many kinds of writing forms as you can. Try poetry, novellas, personal essays, copywriting, write a movie review, etc. until you find what type of content makes you feel the most excited to write.
- Try all kinds of writing software and techniques. Write in notebooks, use Novlr, try Scrivener, Evernote, Google Drive, etc. until you find what makes you feel the most productive and inspired.
- Read the content you want to produce. It’s difficult to write about a genre that you don’t have experience reading.
- Have a quote, goal, or person you admire to help guide your writing journey. This will help keep you focused over time.
Good luck to everyone working on novels this month for NaNoWriMo! You are on a really fun path right now, I applaud you.
Have you come across any writing tips that have really helped you? Share them in the comments so we can try them out ourselves.
[I could not find the original image sources for the collage in this post, if you know the original photographer, let me know so I can credit them.]