A few weeks ago I did an unboxing for the Bellabeat LEAF, a wearable teach that tracks your steps, sleep times, provides breathing exercises, a vibrating smart alarm, along with some basic period tracking.
I unboxed this beautiful wearable tech a few weeks ago and now I’m here to share with you an in-depth review sharing my thoughts after using it daily.
What I love:
- It is just pretty. That’s honestly the main reason why I wanted this activity tracker over other kinds. The Bellabeat LEAF can be used as a pin, bracelet, or necklace.
- The step tracking motivates me to actually get up an move around more. On average I walk around 5,000 steps a day (based on my first week using the LEAF) and now almost everyday I’ve been able to get my steps to 7,000. Big improvement!
- The inactivity monitor reminds me to get up frequently, which is so important for people that work at home like me.
- I like that the steps don’t automatically sync to my app. I prefer to manually sync items like this so that I don’t get unnecessary exposure to radiation.
What can be improved:
- Increased stress tracking capabilities (not necessarily only in breathing) or less emphasis on the stress “features” as I thought it was a bit misleading.
- Changes in communication practices from business to consumer (more emails mainly).
- Ability to add in other activities, like swimming (I’ve been told this is already in the works).
- I believe there should be more options for the vibrating alarm as it often doesn’t wake me up.
I think at the pre-order price point ($119 for silver, $150 for gold and rose gold) it is comparable to other similar products. Especially with it’s versatile look. You can order it online at Bellabeat.com. It is not currently in retail stores.
A few times over the past month I’ve actually gotten tired of wearing the same jewelry and on those days I’ve worn the LEAF on my bra. You can clip this cutie to any thin material.
What do you think? Does it measure up to other step trackers you’ve tried?